Asia’s largest furniture manufacturing event - CIFM/interzum guangzhou - will take place once again in China from March 28 to 31, 2023. As the weathervane of the furniture industry, the exhibition attracts more than 1,000 leading companies to participate every year.
The industry celebrates positive signals on development following the recent release of an action plan by the Chinese government to promote high-quality development of the home furnishing market. The upcoming CIFM /interzum guangzhou will also continue its focus on presenting innovative furniture production technologies and applications to provide new momentum for industry growth.
A gathering of leading companies
CIFM/interzum guangzhou 2023 will cover 330,000 square meters in space and feature over 1,100 exhibitors, including about 200 international leading companies. More than 140,000 trade visitors are expected to walk the exhibition halls.
Product exhibits cover hardware accessories and components, interior decoration materials and accessories, upholstered furniture production machinery and accessories, wood products and panels, adhesives, coatings and other chemical raw materials as well as woodworking furniture production machinery, equipment and accessories.
Originating from interzum Cologne - the world's leading exhibition in the industry
- interzum guangzhou entered the Chinese market in 2004 and has been joining forces with the China International Furniture Fair (CIFF). As one of the few international platforms integrating innovative technologies and applications in the furniture industry in China, CIFM/interzum guangzhou brings together furniture manufacturers with international influence and the promising Chinese and Asian furniture markets, providing exhibitors with more exposure, attention, and cross-regional opportunities.
The industry heavyweights to exhibit at the event in 2023 include:
- Machinery and Equipment for Woodworking: Freud, Hiteco, HSD, Paolino Bacci, SCM, Wemhoener
- Hardware and Components: FGV, King Slide, Reggar, Repon, Sugatsun;
- Decorative Papers, Decor Surfaces: Ahlstrom-Munksjö, impress, Interprint, LamiGraf, LX Hausys, Rehau, Schattdecor, Senosan;
- Wood, Wood Products and Panels: American Hardwood Export Council, American Softwoods, DECOSPAN, Kronospan, Quebec Wood Export Bureau;
- Materials for Upholstery and Bedding: Coolist, Love Home Fabrics (GTA, Symphony Mills, Ter Molst, Artilat, Talalay Global)
- Adhesives and Chemical Products: H.B. Fuller, Henkel, IWG, Kleiberit, Simalfa • Machinery and Equipment for Upholstery and Bedding: Adler, DewertOkin, limoss, LINAK, Timotion.
Anticipating market demand
Participants can expect an expanded and upgraded upholstery accessories zone in Hall 14.2, Zone C for the new edition of CIFM/interzum guangzhou to accommodate more new technologies and products.
According to statistics from iResearch, the post-80s and 90s consumer segment have become the backbone of the market. Their demands for variety, customisation, and environmental sustainability of furniture are constantly emerging, presenting new business opportunities, pushing traditional furniture makers to think out of the box, integrating advanced technologies and applications from abroad to enhance competitiveness, and in turn driving the recovery of the entire industry.
The well-received Vitality of Sustainable Innovation to Life (VSIL) Forum to be held during the exhibition will also launch a dedicated session on furniture upholstery accessories, and feature experts and scholars at home and abroad to discuss and share their industry insights alongside key opinion leaders. Cuttingedge solutions and hot topics such as material innovation, product R&D, and cross-border technical integration.
Celebrating outstanding furniture accessories
Originating from the famed interzum Award, the interzum guangzhou AWARD - 20 PLUS 20 Outstanding Furniture Accessories Annual List is the Asian equivalent attracting the active participation of leading furniture accessories enterprises at the exhibition annually. The winning list has been serving as a constructive source for guiding and shaping the development of the industry.
The Awards, which is open for nomination, boasts a jury comprising internationally renowned designer and imm creative director Dick Spierenburg as well as well-known European material expert and member of the Red Dot product design jury panel Prof. Dr. Sascha Peters. Selections will be made based on the innovativeness, sustainability, safety and functionality of the nominated products.
A special exhibition area will showcase the winning products throughout the entire exhibition period, and winning companies will also be honoured at the 2023 awards ceremony.